Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Chicken Scampi with Broccoli recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Scampi with Broccoli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Scampi with Broccoli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One wholesome alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken scampi with broccoli recipe. To make chicken scampi with broccoli you need 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Scampi with Broccoli:
- You need 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Use 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Use 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- You need 1/2 tsp italian seasoning spice blend
- Provide 1/2 tsp black pepper and salt to taste
- Take 2 cup broccoli tops, cut in bite size pieces, blanched in salted water until crisp, tender, 2 to 3 minutes, drained and reserved.
- Use 1 medium onion, sliced, I used a purple onion, but any is fine
- Use 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Provide 2 chili peppers, sliced, I used red and green
- Use 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Provide 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or homemade
- Take 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 1 hot sauce, such as franks brand
- Use 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- You need 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Get 1 tbsp butter, salted or unsalted
- Prepare 4 oz cooked angel hair pasta
- You need 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, I used basil, parsley and chives
- Take grated parmesan cheese
Steps to make Chicken Scampi with Broccoli:
- In a large bowl, combine, flour, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and pepper, add salt to taste.
- Toss chicken in mixture just to dry chicken and provide a seasoned surface.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, sear chicken pieces about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through, remove as done to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Into skillet, add onion and chilis , adding more oil if needed, soften for about 5 minutes, add garlic,and wine and bring to a boil scraping up bits in pan. When wine is almost gone add broth, cream, hot saice and lemon, boil until a light sauce forms, add broccoi and heat, turn heat to low add cheese and butter to melt. Remove from heat.
- On a platter toss pasta with some sauce, top with chicken, add remaining sauce and serve. Garnish with more parmesan cheese to taste and fresh herbs.
Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in butter and oil until garlic is tender. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Chicken broth can be used in place of the white wine. Chicken broth won't add any acidity to the dish so you will want to also add a splash of lemon juice.
If you find this Chicken Scampi with Broccoli recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.