Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Oil less Okro Soup by Ogechukwu Mbanugo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Oil less Okro Soup by Ogechukwu Mbanugo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oil less Okro Soup by Ogechukwu Mbanugo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oil less okro soup by ogechukwu mbanugo recipe. You can cook oil less okro soup by ogechukwu mbanugo using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Oil less Okro Soup by Ogechukwu Mbanugo:
- Provide 8 cups chopped Okro
- Use 4 large chili pepper (Tatashe)
- Prepare 4 fresh tomatoes
- You need 2 yellow scotch bonnet peppers
- Use 2 red scotch bonnet peppers (Atarodo)
- Provide 1 medium onion bulb
- You need 2 garlic cloves
- Provide 1 tbsp ground crayfish
- Provide 2 seasoning cubes
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp ground pepper
- Prepare 1 cup shredded smoked fish
- Take 1 cup dry prawns (optional)
- Use 2 medium titus fish
- Prepare 1 cup shrimp
- Prepare 3 cups meat stock or water
- Use 1 cup shredded pumpkin (ugu leaves)
- Take to taste Salt
Instructions to make Oil less Okro Soup by Ogechukwu Mbanugo:
- Start by blending red bell chili pepper (Tatashe), tomatoes, scotch bonnet peppers, garlic cloves and onion bulb until a smooth puree is formed. You need about 2 cups of this puree
- Note: My tip to making the blending process easier without adding so much water is to chop the peppers and tomatoes and onion into very tiny bits. That way the blades of the blender work their magic faster
- Place a medium pot on medium heat, transfer blended puree and 3 cups of meat stock or water. Bring to a rolling boil
- Next, add shredded stock fish, dry prawns, crayfish powder, ground dry pepper, seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Leave to cook for 5-7 minutes
- Afterwards, add titus fish and shrimp and continue cooking for another 5 minutes
- The chopped Okro which is the star of the soup come in next. Stir thoroughly to combine being careful not to break up the fish
- Allow to simmer slightly for another 2 minutes then add the pumpkin leaves (ugu). Stir to combine and take off heat immediately
- Enjoy your oil less Okro soup with any side dish of your choice. For me I took only the soup and the taste is beyond this world
If you find this Oil less Okro Soup by Ogechukwu Mbanugo recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.