Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Cottage pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cottage pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you need to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than entirely modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cottage pie recipe. To cook cottage pie you need 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage pie:
- Take 500 g minced beef
- Prepare 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Get 2 small onion grated
- Use 2 small carrots grated
- Provide 3 cloves garlic grated
- Get 2 Tbsp Worceshire sauce
- Provide 2 Oxo cubes (beef stock cubes)
- Take 300 ml warm water
- Provide 3 Tbsp tomato puree
- Use 200 ml red wine
- Get 1 Tsp rosemary (dry)
- Prepare 1 Tsp Thymes (dry)
- Prepare 2 Tbsp hot chilli powder (optional)
- Use Mashed potatoes top
- Prepare 500-550 g floury potatoes cut to medium -small chunk (same size)
- Use 50 g butter
- Provide 100 milk
- Provide 2 egg yolks
- Take 2 + Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- You need Seasoning
- You need Grated Parmesan cheese to top
- Take Salt & black pepper
Instructions to make Cottage pie:
- Heat up the oven at 190 c or 200 c for Halogen oven.
- Heat up the pan with olive oil and brown the minced beef. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add grated onion, carrots and garlic.
- Add worceshire sauce, tomato puree, rosemary and thymes. Stir them and let them cook. Don’t forget to season with salt & pepper.
- Pour in the red wine and reduce until almost completely evaporated. Add the oxo cubes and water, simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- When we reducing the sauce, cook the potatoes with high heat from cold salted water until the water are boiling. Reduce to low heat, close the lid for 8 -10 minutes. Drain them in colander and leave them dry for 5 minutes. Then return them to the pan. Mash them. Leave them to one side and add milk and butter in the pan. Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat the milk & butter. When the butter are melted. Mix the mashed potatoes in milk & butter. Turn off the heat. beat in the egg yolks, followed by about 2 tbsp grated Parmesan. Mix them up. Check for seasoning.
- Now we are ready to assemble. Add all beef sauce in the bowl (oven bowl or Pyrex bowl). Then add mashed potatoes on top. Season with salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese on top of mashed potatoes. Don’t forget to fluff the top of mashed potatoes before putting in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown. I baked them in halogen oven for 30 minutes.
- Now, it’s ready yo be served
We prefer beef in this house, so the Cottage Pie has always been our preference! Why is Cottage Pie called "Cottage Pie?" At its most basic, cottage pie is a meat pie (or casserole) that is topped with mashed potatoes rather than a pie crust. After this, it can vary greatly from region to region (or kitchen to kitchen). Sometimes you will see other vegetables like celery, mushrooms, or peas studded through the meat filling. It originated when the potato was being introduced as a cheap food for the poor, and the dish was popular among the people living in modest cottages.
If you find this Cottage pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.