Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Basbousa(semolina cake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basbousa(semolina cake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a few small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably choose a lot of items out of habit. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to basbousa(semolina cake) recipe. To cook basbousa(semolina cake) you only need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basbousa(semolina cake):
- Get Syrup
- Take 2 1/4 cups sugar
- Use 1 1/2 cups water
- You need Juice from 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoon orange juice)
- You need 1 tablespoon honey
- Prepare Cake
- Take 2 cups semolina
- Use 1 cup sugar
- You need 1 stick butter, softened
- Prepare 1 cup whole milk
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Get 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Use 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Use 2 eggs
- You need Blanched split almonds
Instructions to make Basbousa(semolina cake):
- Prepare syrup first. Dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan. Add lemon juice and bring to boil. Once the syrup begins to boil, add in honey. Reduce heat and allow to slowly boil for about 8-10 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9x12 baking dish.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add to butter and egg mixture. Stir in milk
- Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with spoon. Take a butter knife and make diamond shapes. Place an almond in the center of each diamond.
- Bake for 25 min. Remove cake from oven and pour syrup over cake until no more can be absorbed. Allow to cool
Basbousa cake is a well known middle eastern dessert made with semolina flour, coconut and yogurt. The coarse semolina flour gives the cake its signature sandy texture, but its drenched in a flavorful simple syrup which makes it super moist and has a melt-in-your-mouth texture. In a separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture. Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with spoon.
If you find this Basbousa(semolina cake) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.