Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Pear, Almond and Semolina Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pear, Almond and Semolina Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pear, Almond and Semolina Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
While searching for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. You can not beat yogurt when it comes to a wholesome snack though. Along with calcium, it really is a good supply of protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is simple for the human body to digest and, based on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Easy hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pear, almond and semolina cake recipe. To cook pear, almond and semolina cake you only need 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pear, Almond and Semolina Cake:
- Provide 8 small ripe, juicy pears
- Prepare 3/4 cup margarine or softened butter
- Provide 2/3 cup soft light brown sugar, any lumps squashed
- Prepare 1 cup self-raising flour (or all purpose flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- Take 1 cup semolina
- Use 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Use 3 large eggs
- Take 1 tsp almond essence
- Prepare 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Prepare 1 squeeze of lemon juice
Instructions to make Pear, Almond and Semolina Cake:
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Grease and line a 9*9 inch square cake tin with baking paper
- Peel, quarter, core and place pears into a bowl half filled with water with a squeeze of lemon juice in it.
- Beat together the margarine and sugar, until the graininess of the sugar is gone.
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Mix in flour, baking soda and semolina
- Drain and dry the pears.
- Mix in the almond essence and the pears
- Scrape all the batter into the cake pan and spread it out to the edges and flatten it out as best you can.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Allow to cool in the tin for five minutes at least. Can be eaten warm or cold.
The first time I made this cake it was a bit of an experiment. I was in need of a bake and cobbled this semolina cake together from ingredients that I happened to have in the cupboard. These included a packet of semolina that was almost out of date and some very hard pears from a friend's tree. I was so pleased with the result. This lovely pear cake is not a cake with pears in it.
If you find this Pear, Almond and Semolina Cake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.